CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Life You'll Never Know

I have to see my blood
I have to know my heart
I have to feel the flood
That flows to keep us apart

I have to taste the salt
I have to cry the tears
I have to know its my fault
I have to face my fears

I have to feel the pain
I have to see the colour
I have to hid the stain
For it must remain undercover

I have to blame myself
I have to use the blade
I know I need no help
Sooner or later the cuts will fade

I have to deal with things in my way
I have no choice
Look at them and hear what I say
These cuts are my voice

I have to tell you go get away from me
I have to tell you to go
I have to make you see
A life you'll never know.
[Poem: Anon, Icet]

3 comments:

Laura said...

This poem says so much. There's a lot of pain there.

Anonymous said...

Alot of pain, but also honesty... I dont usually post works that may trigger Drifter, but lets face it so much can trigger us into a spiral of harm, be that cutting, drugs or depression....

but this one got to me, I think because it was so very real.

mysmile/mypain said...

wow, i dnt cut myself alot but wen i do these words describe exactly how i feel, and wat i think wen im doing it...