CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

R


I came to love this man R. He was the first Korri man, who related to me, talked to me one on one, probably knew as a new Social Worker I was out of my depth. I'd have long conversations with his mother who was at the time, ironically doing the same degree as I. By the time he left most staff had had enough but always he would sing this song to me, when I was just ready to ring his neck. He was hard work but with a great sense of humour ...lol..

He'd sing

'How many love you like this Abbey
Not many, if any'
he would laugh and smile...

he would say
how many men look as good as this
Not many, if any''

he was a 16yr old boy

He'd sing it all night, while I was trying to cook dinner,
play basketball, watch tv
or if he saw my attention was with another

He had dreams of being a mechanic
wanted his mother to be proud of him

He left me
and went out to the world.
He drove a car into a service station
held it up and demanded money...
he was gaoled for that.

and is still there

and he rang to say he was ok
he said
'how many men go like this Abbey
not many if any..

I cried my heart out

but I loved R.


0 comments: