CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Readers Story

Anonymous said...

Ive been cutting since I was 11 and I'm now 17, at first it was the one in a month then as I got older it got worse. It all started because I lost 2 of the most precious things in my life and now I do it because I get upset and don't how to deal with it.

I tried to stop I last about 3 months without cutting but then everything just kept building up and I cut again.

I hate what I do it looks horrible but I have no way stopping.

I just think last one but then after that"last one" it happens again and again I'm scared to tell my parents if I told people it would affect everything my job my relationships with sisters and brothers.

I don't really have friends or go out because I'm an outsider people at work thing I have a great social life but iI lie to cover up how alone I actually am.

I don't know what to do or how to help myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous.

I'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to comment. That takes incredible strength as does going 3 months, congratulations for that.

You make the comments 'I have no way of stopping' and 'I dont know what to do or how to help myself' Focus on what worked before and see if you can draw on that if you can.

I'm unsure of what country your in but in the links on the left you will find places that can assist you to recover. [Just a reminder to all that the internet never replaces one2one help] Read through this site and see if there is anything you can relate to.

Your fear in telling your parents is real as too the job & relationship fears. I would suggest getting a counsellor, see your GP for a referral. Many times in my life, the things i fear most dont happen. If you can just take that first step and say 'I cant do this, I need help' one of your biggest fears are behind you.

Hope you drop back and let us know how your going. The feeling of being alone is big for many of us which is why I began this site & I'd love to hear from you.

Take care Abz