CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cover-up Tattoos



"Cover-up tattoos are common; people often get a design, but then change their minds (or partner) and want it covered with another image. It is also becoming more and more common, however, for people to choose branding and scarification to cover up old self-harm scars.

The technique is called ‘body reclamation’ and is meant to put those who have cut or otherwise hurt themselves back in control of their bodies and have a fresh start with no scars. Whether this is good or bad, I can’t decide.

Tattoos are also frequently chosen to cover scars, which can be a very effective method, as you can see from the pictures above."

The above is from 'Trendsetter Magazine'

So whats your thoughts...Mmmm mine, I'm not sure if tattoos would successfully cover scars. or how a tat gun would work with scar tissue.. and I guess would only be successful psychologically if you are a fan of tattoos in the first place. I do have tattoos and quite like them however for myself personally I wouldn't want a full sleeve done so its not for me. Ive also heard of branding being done to cover self harm scars. Since Im trying to cover all bases on self harm, I thought I would include this story. What doesnt work for me, may work for someone else.

0 comments: