CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Fridays Readers Story

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm 14 yrs old and have cut myself since I was 10 years old this wont be helpful in the slightest because I can't help others understand this as I don't even understand it myself. I think the reason I started doing it was because I felt I deserved it, I thought I was worthless. But then it progressed into an addiction, it sounds pathetic, I'm addicted to cutting myself.


I have stopped cutting for about three months before, and I started to feel bad about everything, stuff happened with my friends and I just got back into the routine of hurting myself again. Last year it got really and I couldn't think of anything other than cutting, even when I was happy I didn't feel I deserved to be so I'd cut myself. I have stopped pretty much now, not completely, I am trying to. The last time I hurt myself was last night, but before then it was about two weeks ago. It doesn't sound long I know. But as I was doing it around three times a day not that long ago I think I'm dong alright.

I don't go to a councilor although I have considered it before. I also suffer from problems with eating, not an eating disorder I just have a strange relationship with food and I have since I was young. My parents recently found out about the self injury. They told me that I could go and talk to someone if I thought it would help. I said no, as I didn't want to talk to them about it, I was ashamed, and I felt terrible. I'm sorry for this as it isn't helpful in the slightest.

xx


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling, you are far from pathetic. You are a human who hurts, as we all do except for whatver reason we turn that inwards and your coping the best way you can.

Two weeks is brilliant, you should be proud of that and yes it is a long period. Look for the positive changes if you can. Look at the ways you held off for two weeks and keep using them.

Yes we feel shame but now your parents know & thats a huge hurdle. They sound supportive. Consider a counsellor, they are bound by confidentiality, try and ensure its one who is good with teens and has some knowledge of self harm, if you like you can always take a parent with you.

Its such a nasty cycle, dont you agree, we feel bad, so we cut ourselves, then we feel bad for that...it can spiral around and around... Don't think that the words you wrote arent helpful, they so are...Its a brave person who can look at themselves and write honestly how things are for them, Im proud of you for that.

It is brave to be able to talk to your parents, if you can keep doing that...It helps very much to feel your not alone and they are on side...let me know how you go and if you want you can catch me here. Im sorry it took a few hours to get back to you... Stay safe and take care...Love Abbey

Laura said...

This was heart breaking

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous Drifter

Aspects of Self Harm can be sad, but it also can be of strength. Tis not an easy coping method to begin. Anonymous shows so much strength, in not harming for two weeks, for talking openly with her parents, for considering talking to a counsellor and for sharing her story with others...At 14 (or any age) thats shows incredible strength.

Ive found those that can get through self harm, deal with the underlying issues etc go on and have an amazing strength, compassion for others and resilience that they may never of had other wise....

So yes I agree the stories are sad, but the people behind each one are strong...

Thanks for dropping by Random...