CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't quit

Don't quit when the tide is lowest,

For it's just about to turn;
Don't quit over doubts and questions,
For there's something you may learn.
Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For it's just a while 'til the dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.

-Jill Wolf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh, that's exactly what I needed to hear right now: don't quit.

I love this little poem with its low tides, doubts and questions, dark nights and steep hills.

Recovery and healing is all about being in motion, of moving toward something, some finish line which often beckons like a mirage...but it's real, and I think it looks different to each one of us.

Sometimes forward motion means no more than simply standing at our posts, unwilling to passively allow anyone to ever again trespass on the sacred ground of our hearts.

Anonymous said...

Oh I like the statement about being in motion and moving toward something...perhaps for me its clarity or understanding, part of it is also the recognition I will never understand...

Boundaries in personal relationships are not my strength, although I am learning to trust that inner voice that says 'No this behaviour is unacceptable, I am worth more' Ironically in a professional capacity, I teach it well but with myself I am still learning.

I love 'the sacred ground of our hearts' I need to keep that in mind ...ta beauty...x