CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Inspiring You

One way to improve the way you look at yourself is to constantly remind yourself of all of the positives about you and life. So how about using positive quotes - and then you stick them everywhere. They could be scrawled on post-it notes, printed out in black and white, scrapbooked - whatever works for you. And some shops even sell stickers and magnets with positive bits on them.

Unsure where to start? How about this list as a starting point ....

When you cannot make up your mind which of two even balanced courses of action you should take - choose the bolder. Ezra Pound

To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting. ee cummings

When you can be yourself, why try to be a clone of someone else?

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection. Buddha

I want it said of me by those who knew me best that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow. Abraham Lincoln

It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not. Denis Waitley

Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not?
Robert Kennedy

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But at other times it's essential to take tome off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down the rainbow.

If a man does his best, what else is there? General George S Patton

Life loves the liver of it. Maya Angelou

To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.

Don't mind criticism. If it's untrue, disregard it; if it's unfair, keep from irritation; if it's ignorant, smile; if it's justified, learn from it.

I think it's important that we don't all have to hold our heads high all the time saying everything's fine. Nicole Kidman

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw

I have not failed. I have found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison

I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. Lewis Carroll

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. Maya Angelou

My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force. I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice, my responsibility. Win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny. Elaine Maxwell

There is nothing noble in being superior to someone else. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely. Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is a big world out there. Bigger than prom, bigger than high school and it won't matter if you were the prom queen or the quarterback of the football team or the biggest nerd, Find out who you are and try not to be afraid of it.

Nothing would be done at all if a man waited until he could do it so well that no-one could find fault with it. Cardinal Newman

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. Maya Angelou

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. Oscar Wilde

You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes. Winnie the Pooh

Avoid the crowd. Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece.

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

The journey of a thousand leagues begins with single step. Lao Tzu

Keep pace with the drummer you have, however measured or far away. Henry David Thoreau

Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you. Oscar Wilde

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain

When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste those tears on what might have been, just lie on your back and float

Keep your drams alive. Understand that to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination and dedication. Remember all things are possible for
those who believe. Gail Deevers

No man is a failure who is enjoying life. William Feather

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. Henry David Thoreau

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
Willie Nelson

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good quotes--and I'm sorely tempted to steal a bunch of them for my blog, but I won't!

Unknown said...

Oh please do beautifuldreamer, please do. I try and post a positive quote on my blog everyday and while I would love to say that I am wise enough to come up with my own, I'm not. And besides, so many other people have said such beautiful things - it seems a shame not to share them around :-)

Anonymous said...

Well okay, if you're going to insist!

Anonymous said...

You pair of quote lovers... :)