CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Tip #3

It's not all about me

One of the things I don't like about these illnesses is that my focus is so much on ME all the time. How am I feeling? What am I doing? Is this sadness or a depressive downturn? Am I happy or is this a manic upswing? So I try and ask my friends and co workers every day how THEY are, what is new in THEIR life. It gets me out of my own head to practice asking about other people every single day.

Image:Best Friends by ~Midnitesho
Tip: Facing Us.Org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that, except I do it by helping people, the more i help and look after others, the less i have to help/deal with myself.

Anonymous said...

Its definitely a balance FH+L... we can often use helping others to zone out on our problems. I have to be careful of that especially in my job capacity...Good point...x