CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wellness Wednesday

Tiger Balm
Tiger Balm is an ancient Chinese formula originally developed for use by Chinese Emperors for relieving pain and increasing circulation in the area where it is applied.

Used primarily for relief from muscular aches and pains, Tiger Balm’s active ingredients include camphor, menthol and clove oil. Tiger Balm comes in three types:white - a gentle colourless formula that can be used as a chest rub - the stronger red coloured ointment that produces a greater sensation of heat. A liniment version for massaging into large areas where there is muscular or joint pain ...

I use the red Tiger Balm for headaches ... It's not too expensive and I always have it in the first-aid kit. I apply a tiny bit to each temple and rub softly. Do be extremely careful not to get it near your eyes. I combine this with drinking alot of water (especially in summer) as the headache is often through dehydration (especially if I have become stressed or overworked) I forget to keep up the supply of H2O. Using the balm means I rarely have to resort to paracetamol.

If you would like to join in Wellness Wednesday, you can link here at my other site. Basically this is our first week of posting tips, ideas, thoughts on small things we do to enhance our health. By sharing our ideas we hope to build a data base of ideas & empower ourselves with regards to our day to day health. Hope you join us ... Abz

0 comments: