CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Readers Story

Anonymous said...


Cutting is something that happens alot to young people and adults. It's a habit I too had and still deal with it after 30 years. It started as a way to relieve myself from the abuse I was receiving from my father. Then when bad things or failure was part of my life I would continue to cut. I cant tell you why but I can tell you it's a feeling like no other. In a sick twisted way you feel better and in control of something for once in your own life and with your own body. It's not anyone's fault why people struggle with this- it's just a way people cope. Other people have other ways like eating disorders etc.. It's dangerous, when you start you find its hard to stop- please get help if you are struggling, but know your not a bad person. Start to love who you are, I have found for me that is the best way to cope with cutting.
January 2, 2008

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous...I dont think anything we use to cope is sick or twisted, but I understand what you are saying.

It makes perfect sense to try and obtain some control in situations where we feel we have none, but you have highlighted a fact...when we use cutting to get that degree of coping, we eventually need help to cope with our coping mechanism ...when you realise that you cant stop its incredibly frightening point to be at, especially when you think no others would understand the 'whys'..

and you also make an incredibly important point..Get Help...loving who you are is so important but it can seem a concept 100 miles away...by getting help you as least eliminate the secrecy, but i needed to make a pact with myself that I would be 100% honest with those trying to help me..It takes a long time often, from the start of cutting yourself, to reaching out for help...so it often takes time to learn to stop, the key is being gentle on yourself, we are often our worse critics

Thanks for sharing with us anonymous...every little bit helps with understanding...abbey

Jan 02, 08