CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Reader's Story ...

Sophie said.....

I am a self-harmer and to answer your question, we do it because it brings a sense of release. The main reason why i do it is because it helps me disconnect with the real world. My parents are not the ones to blame. to be quite honest there is no-one i can really "blame" as such.

I have had a good life, but a year ago my life was turned around by something that happened to my boyfriend. He felt that his life was not worth living and he took his life, ever since he did it i have been cutting my arms, stomach, chest and legs. I dont do this to die, i do it to escape from reality. I have the word ALONE carved into my forearm and on the 15th of every month i re-open the wound. because i feel so very alone without him.

[Written:November 4, 2007 9:24 AM ]
Thanks Sophie....x

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sophie..

I'm sorry about your loss, grief is an incredibly hard thing for anyone to deal with.

No one is suggesting that you are doing it to die or to hurt your parents. I'm hoping you have access to counselling where you are to help deal with the loss of your boyfriend.

I'm not sure what country you are from, but we do have people who can help in Australia. Thank you though for your input. You sound like a beautiful young woman and talking heplps bring an understanding to others...

ta sophie
[written Nov 07]