CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Great I Am's


The day has gone pear-shaped, you feel crap and tomorrow isn't likely to get any better. So what to do .... turn to the Great I Am's of course.

I usually do this first thing in the morning but it works anytime during the day - and why limit yourself to just once. It is a great idea to write them down but you certainly don't have to.

So what are the Great I Am's? They are statements that start with "I am......". There is only two guidelines - they must be true, they need to be positive. And the only recommendation is to try not to use the same one's each and every time.

Want some ideas?

  • I am a person
  • I am a woman/man
  • I am worthy
  • I am special
  • I am capable
  • I am happy
  • I am a brunette/blond
  • I am Australian/American/Canadian/English
  • I am tall/short
  • I am a person with blue/brown/green eyes
  • I am intelligent
  • I am talented
  • I am a good friend
  • I am beautiful
  • I am alive
  • I am loved
  • I am lovable
  • I am 22/23/24/100.... years old
  • I am valuable
  • I am employed
  • I am vibrant
  • I am energetic
  • I am a sister/brother/mother/father/aunt/uncle
  • I am sporty
  • I am artistic
  • I am .... well you get the idea.
None of these need to be 'big' statements, they just need to be true. I try and come up with groups of 5 each time but that is just a personal choice.

If things are so bad that you don't think you can come up with anything then focus on "I am Alive" and "I Am A Person".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was only talking to FnL about this the other day... as for a long time I was faced with a blank sheet of paper. I had no idea who 'I' was only the me I presented to others....It was scary stuff

The golden rule of never negatives was a hard one for me but I perservered... Sticking to 5 is a great suggestion...as I found it easy to be overwhelmed in early days.